Lemon Essential Oil is wonderfully refreshing to add to water or tea, to put in the diffuser to purify the air, or aid in concentration. Lemon EO works primarily with the digestive, immune, and respiratory systems, and is a tonic for supporting the nervous and sympathetic nervous system and promotes overall healthy function of the body.
It is a fantastic stain remover on clothing, great in natural window cleaners, is a natural goo-remover for labels, and is fabulous for various culinary endeavors. Lemon essential oil is cold-pressed from the rind of the lemon, rather than steam distilled from the acidic pulp, in order to preserve its most powerful constituents. Lemon essential oil is high in d-limonene. Research limonene for an understanding of the importance of this element.
- Diffuse a few drops of lemon essential oil to reduce bacteria, fungus, mold, and unpleasant odors in the air.
- Make your own non-toxic all-purpose window cleaner with lemon essential oil and distilled water.
- Place a drop or two of lemon on a clothing stain and wash immediately with your regular machine detergent.
- Use 1 to 2 drops to remove gum, oil, response, glue, or adhesive, and crayon from most surfaces.
- Add lemon essential oil to baking soda and water and use as an all natural soft scrub.
- For a natural furniture polish, add several drops to a half cup of olive oil for beeswax.
- One word of CAUTION: avoid applying to skin that will be exposed to prolonged sunlight or UV light within 24 hours. Just apply to the skin where the sun don’t shine!
Can provide emotional support for feelings of frustration.
Back to 101 WORKSHOP HOME page