Lavender oil! Today, let’s take a look at this delightful, calming, and skin-nourishing oil in your kit. Lavender is a favorite aromatic even since earliest times with the Egyptians, Phoenicians, Greeks, and Romans. According to legend, Cleopatra used Lavender to lure Julius Caesar and Mark Antony!
Lavender is one of Young Living’s most versatile oils. It is often called the Swiss Army Knife of oils. It was also one of the oils that I was the least interested in when I got my kit because you know when you walk into Bath and Body Works and you take one whiff of their Lavender Lime body wash and you get an INSTANT headache and you want to run for the door? That’s what I expected to happen with Lavender. As it turns out, real, 100% Lavender doesn’t give me a headache at all. It is very soothing and I will never ever be without this oil in my house. EVER.
Lavender has a sweet and floral aroma and is a key ingredient in Young Living’s oil-infused supplement called SleepEssence. Lavender helps support the normal process of elimination through our largest organ, the skin.
- Lavender Harvest Video Clip
- Lavender Essential Oil and Lavender Vitality Essential Oil
- Lavender Lotion
- Lavender Oatmeal Soap
• Use a few drops in the bath. Great for helping kids unwind.
• Makes a refreshing nasal irrigation rinse. (Add 1 drop to pinch of salt and then fill with water.)
• Place a drop in a new mascara tube for lovely lashes!
• Add 3-5 drops to wool dryer balls.
• Make a linen spray and spritz on pillow at night.
• Diffuse or apply topically to unwind as it’s relaxing, comforting and calming.
• Put on bottoms of feet to support restful sleep.
• Use to soothe the discomfort and support normal skin development after a grease pop (small burn).
• Use with frankincense in a carrier (jojoba) as face serum.
• Great for use topically with menstrual cycles
Helps to release feelings of abandonment & increase feelings of security.
Back to 101 WORKSHOP HOME page